Frequently Asked Questions
Cornerstone will be constructed over a series of planned phases, with an anticipated completion in 2030.
Upon completion, the community of Cornerstone will be home to nearly 31,000 people.
The community of Cornerstone is separated by Country Hills Boulevard NE. This means that you can access both Stoney and Deerfoot Trail within minutes. Currently, there are multiple accesses into the community right off Country Hills Boulevard, Airport Trail and both 60th and 68th Street.
Cornerstone will offer six schools, from kindergarten to grade 12, over 50 acres of playfields and park spaces, two community association sites, a regional municipal park and 120 acres of green space surrounded by an extensive network of trails. Cornerstone will also be home to a Major Activity Centre (MAC), which will offer plenty of shopping, commercial and over 3,000 employment opportunities close to home.
Currently, there are a few amenities open in phase two of the community, which include a dentist office, daycare, liquor store and other shops and services. Planning is underway for two additional commercial centers on Country Hills Boulevard and 60th Street.
Yes, the Cornerstone Homeowners Association (HOA) is mandated to ensure the long-term sustainability of the community of Cornerstone by contributing to the development of a sense of community and responsibility amongst neighbours towards the physical attributes of the community. In other words, as a resident of Cornerstone, you are automatically a member of the Homeowners Association. Membership in the HOA is granted through an encumbrance on title for each homeowner in Cornerstone. Annual fees will be established each year, and billed to each homeowner. HOA funds will be used for the administration, maintenance and beautification of the assets of the HOA. For more information about the HOA, please visit the Homeowners Association resource page.
- Two minutes away from the community you can find Highstreet at Cornerstone. This grocery anchored shopping centre offers Chalo! Fresh Co., Dollarama, Shoppers Drug Mart and a variety of services, shops and restaurants.
- SkyPointe Landing on the corner of Country Hills Boulevard and 60th Street is just 3 minutes away and offers a variety of services, shops and restaurants. Including Apex Sky Medical Centre, Skypointe Dental, NurtureCare Early Learning Centre, Scotiabank, McDonald’s, Edo Japan and Canadian Pizza Unlimited just to name a few.
- A Safeway, Shoppers Drug Mart, Boston Pizza and more shops and services are in Saddle Ridge only nine minutes away from Cornerstone.
- 10 minutes north of Cornerstone is Balzac, where you will find the outlet mall CrossIron Mills, Lowes and Costco.
- A little further away on Country Hills is a Sobeys, Tim Hortons, Home Depot and plenty of other stores for you to enjoy just 15 minutes from Cornerstone.Where is the location of the future LRT station and when will it be open?
The future LRT station will be located at the intersection of 60th Street and Country Hills Blvd NE. The Cornerstone LRT station is currently in the planning stages with the City of Calgary. An expected completion date has not been released. The LRT is funded and built by all three levels of government and at this time funding has not been secured for the blue line extension to Cornerstone. We will continue to keep our residents informed of any changes moving forward.
Developers are responsible for dedicating the land on which schools are built, but the schools themselves are funded and constructed by the Province of Alberta and respective school boards. At this time, there is no timeline confirmed to start the schools in Cornerstone.
Cornerstone’s multifamily projects will range in height from four to six storeys. There is also a planned Major Activity Centre (MAC) at the intersection of Country Hills Boulevard and 60th Street that may support future construction of up to eight storeys. The MAC will be a comprehensively designed mixed-use development that will serve as a central hub of the community when it is complete.
Anthem, the developer, does not plant trees on private property. However, Cornerstone is part of the Complete Streets initiative, where trees are planted in the road right of way along each street.
The road right of way (or boulevard) adjacent to your property is land that is actually owned by the City, and maintained by you. The City uses this land for snow stock piling, road maintenance or other items as required.